Skip to main content

TRUE WORSHIP. A lesson taught to 3 to 8 years old children at Nazareth Baptist Church, Santa-Maria


Memory Verse:
John 4.24 – God is Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth – John 4.24

Lesson Genesis 4.1- 16.
Gen 4:1-7
 Now Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore Cain, saying, "I have gotten a man with the help of the Lord." And again, she bore his brother Abel. Now Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a tiller of the ground.  In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel brought of the firstlings of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering, but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell. The Lord said to Cain, "Why are you angry, and why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is couching at the door; its desire is for you, but you must master it." (RSV)

·        Both offered sacrifices
·        Cain gave God the fruit of his labour.
·        Abel gave God fruit of his labour.
·        Cain was rejected
·        Abel was accepted.
WHY DID GOD ACCEPT ONE AND NOT THE OTHER?
Because it wasn't done in faith (Hebrews 11.4)

ü The secret of living right is faith in God.
ü The acceptable sacrifice is the life of faith.
ü True worship has its ground in more than legal enactments.
ü True worship is more than the giving up of things.
ü Abel brought his offering with the knowledge that it wasn't good enough. Cain with the thought that God has to accept it.
ü True worship does all things for God.


ITS ISN'T ENOUGH TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SELFISH MAN'S GUIDE TO SOUL WINNING

“If I were utterly selfish and had no care for anything but my own happiness, I would choose, I might under God, to be a soul winner, for never did I know perfect overflowing, unutterable happiness of the purest and most ennobling order till I first heard of one who had sought and found the Saviour through my means.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon. “I know it, God wants us to evangelize but I just can’t.” “I’m a respectable man, how can I go about telling people to repent.” “I work fulltime so I don’t have time.” “I find it hard to talk to strangers.” “I’m not an evangelist.” “I’m shy.” THE REAL DEAL:      Not everyone has been called to be an evangelist but everyone has been called to evangelism. An evangelist is different from evangelism as much as my cooking is diferent from my mothers’. An evangelist has been set apart (called) by God to dedicate his time, life and ministry to win souls for Christ. The work of an evangelist is simply to preach t...

Get Yourself Out.

Based on Genesis 12.1-5, the children of Nazareth Baptist Church, Santa Maria here in Accra, Ghana learn about what it means to believe. They get to know that believe isn't just an intellectual assent but a behavorial conformity. They are also taught that Abram believed God (Gen 15.6) and his believe led him to obey. Man can say 'I believe, I have faith, I trust in, I rely on' as many times as he can but as long as he doesn't change his actions he's a liar. The evidence that you believe is to obey. The evidence that you are saved is to follow. Apart from making my children memorise Gen 15.6 - "and Abram believed God," I also made them memorise "the only way to show you believe is to obey." I am sick of the form of Christianity that teaches children to be just morally upright and forgets to tell them that God isn't pleased with morally upright people, but rather He's only pleased with blood bought sinners. Its not enough to just tell th...