Skip to main content

God Esteem.

Have you ever wondered why there's so much confusion and disorder, lack of joy and peace, and lack of identity in the Church though there's so many books and sermons about self-identity, self-esteem, and discovering your potential and purpose.

I do think much about it and I've come to the conclusion that God doesn't care most about our self-identity and esteem. I'm not saying He doesn't care, am saying He doesn't care MOST about us. The God of the Bible is so full of Himself that He does all things for Himself. He made you for Himself, He rescued you for Himself, He rescued you from Himself, He blesses you for His own sake. He does all He does for His own sake. Go through your Bible and you'll see that though He does things for His creation its all for His glory. He wouldn't be God if He cared for anything or anybody more than He cares for self.

If God cares about Himself most and cares about you much, it stands to reason that you can only find fulfilment, peace, joy and purpose in caring most about this God. His glory is what matters to Him and He will have it anyway so do yourself the favor of finding out how to give Him glory. You were made for His glory, so forget all the self, self talk and let's start a God, God talk. God-esteem, God-identity, God-fulfilled. Its only in we knowing what matters most to God that we find ourselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SELFISH MAN'S GUIDE TO SOUL WINNING

“If I were utterly selfish and had no care for anything but my own happiness, I would choose, I might under God, to be a soul winner, for never did I know perfect overflowing, unutterable happiness of the purest and most ennobling order till I first heard of one who had sought and found the Saviour through my means.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon. “I know it, God wants us to evangelize but I just can’t.” “I’m a respectable man, how can I go about telling people to repent.” “I work fulltime so I don’t have time.” “I find it hard to talk to strangers.” “I’m not an evangelist.” “I’m shy.” THE REAL DEAL:      Not everyone has been called to be an evangelist but everyone has been called to evangelism. An evangelist is different from evangelism as much as my cooking is diferent from my mothers’. An evangelist has been set apart (called) by God to dedicate his time, life and ministry to win souls for Christ. The work of an evangelist is simply to preach t...

Get Yourself Out.

Based on Genesis 12.1-5, the children of Nazareth Baptist Church, Santa Maria here in Accra, Ghana learn about what it means to believe. They get to know that believe isn't just an intellectual assent but a behavorial conformity. They are also taught that Abram believed God (Gen 15.6) and his believe led him to obey. Man can say 'I believe, I have faith, I trust in, I rely on' as many times as he can but as long as he doesn't change his actions he's a liar. The evidence that you believe is to obey. The evidence that you are saved is to follow. Apart from making my children memorise Gen 15.6 - "and Abram believed God," I also made them memorise "the only way to show you believe is to obey." I am sick of the form of Christianity that teaches children to be just morally upright and forgets to tell them that God isn't pleased with morally upright people, but rather He's only pleased with blood bought sinners. Its not enough to just tell th...