Skip to main content

SOME THOUGHTS ON DELIVERANCE.

Deliverance is being set free from spiritual bondage and barriers that hold us back from walking in the victory that Jesus won on the cross for us at Calvary. Put more bluntly, it is the driving out of evil spirits by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ. It is an essential process, probably all Christians need, to ensure they can be totally set free. It is wrong to assume, that once you give your life to Jesus Christ and receive the Holy Spirit, that you are automatically delivered from those demonic strongholds that hold you down. One of the many benefits of being a Christian is that only Christians filled with the Holy Spirit can be delivered! If you are not a Holy Spirit-filled Christian and a deliverance is performed, then you do not have the protection and guidance from the Holy Spirit to stop any demonic influence from returning and interfering in your life which could make things worse.

“When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.” (Matthew 12:43-45 NIV).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE SELFISH MAN'S GUIDE TO SOUL WINNING

“If I were utterly selfish and had no care for anything but my own happiness, I would choose, I might under God, to be a soul winner, for never did I know perfect overflowing, unutterable happiness of the purest and most ennobling order till I first heard of one who had sought and found the Saviour through my means.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon. “I know it, God wants us to evangelize but I just can’t.” “I’m a respectable man, how can I go about telling people to repent.” “I work fulltime so I don’t have time.” “I find it hard to talk to strangers.” “I’m not an evangelist.” “I’m shy.” THE REAL DEAL:      Not everyone has been called to be an evangelist but everyone has been called to evangelism. An evangelist is different from evangelism as much as my cooking is diferent from my mothers’. An evangelist has been set apart (called) by God to dedicate his time, life and ministry to win souls for Christ. The work of an evangelist is simply to preach t...

Get Yourself Out.

Based on Genesis 12.1-5, the children of Nazareth Baptist Church, Santa Maria here in Accra, Ghana learn about what it means to believe. They get to know that believe isn't just an intellectual assent but a behavorial conformity. They are also taught that Abram believed God (Gen 15.6) and his believe led him to obey. Man can say 'I believe, I have faith, I trust in, I rely on' as many times as he can but as long as he doesn't change his actions he's a liar. The evidence that you believe is to obey. The evidence that you are saved is to follow. Apart from making my children memorise Gen 15.6 - "and Abram believed God," I also made them memorise "the only way to show you believe is to obey." I am sick of the form of Christianity that teaches children to be just morally upright and forgets to tell them that God isn't pleased with morally upright people, but rather He's only pleased with blood bought sinners. Its not enough to just tell th...